Wednesday, August 11, 2010


11B English Communication

On Wednesday 4 August we had a special guest visit our class - Elisa Mara's sister, Vina Mara. She helped Elisa and Esmay conduct their Community Issue Survey around the school and she also participated in the actual survey. It was a wonderful opportunity for the students to work with someone outside the school and gain fresh ideas and a different perspective to solving problems.

Thank you Vina, you are always welcome in our class and we value your contribution.
From the 11B students

12B English Communication

12B also had a visitor to the class - Ms Jean! She came to see the wonderful work the students are doing and she brought Mr Philimon, an ex DC Maths teacher with her. The students were especially happy to see him as he taught some of them last year.

This semester students continue to work hard and they are busy drafting their final assessment for the year - The Graduation Presentation. All students are feeling inspired as the countdown to the Graduation Formal begins. Below are some snippets drafted by students so far:

"I have been a student at Djarragun College for 2 years. First of all, I would like to thank Ms Georgie Drijver and Mr Aisea Pulini for all the help and support they have given me. I would also like to thank all the boarding supervisors who made a great effort to look after us throughout this year. To my best friends, I would like to say thanks to all of you for making me your sister and I will never forget you for being such a great friends to me."
Lena


"My message to my fellow students is to look forward to your life and expect bumps and turns as we enter into the big wide world. Never forget your friends that have been there for you at school to make your day a great one. In my schooling here at Djarragun College there have been lots of teachers and teacher aids who have helped me work to the best of my ability. I would like to thank Mr.Asia for helping me with my Maths and also Ms.Georgie for English. My favorite moment at DC is winning the Touch and Rugby League Grand Final, coming first in the school and TCS Cross Country and making friends. My quote for the year is: A person who dares to waste one hour of learning time has not discovered the value of life. (Charles Darwin)"
Andrew


"I would like to thank my family, Ms Jean, Mr Vimal, Ms Georgie, my fellow students and most of all my boarding family who has supported me throughout my journey here at Djarragun College. My message to all my fellow students is to do your best, never give up on what you really want and good luck for the future. I achieved many things at Djarragun College. I became a boarding counsellor and I was in the team who were champions for 2010 in school CISSA Girls' Volleyball. My favourite thing at Djarragun College is hanging out with my friends Juniko, Natalie, Tiaella, just to crack jokes and have fun."
Stella

No comments:

Post a Comment