Wednesday, October 27, 2010

11 Girls’ Form Class

This week we watched a 13-year-old indigenous girl, Madeleine Madden, become the first person to deliver an address to the nation reaching six million Australians. Madeleine urged Australians to help create job opportunities and a better future for indigenous people in this generation. As a young girl, Madeleine inspired the Yr11 girls to work hard and be the best they can be.

Students also reflected on their own life journey. They learnt that to understand life we have to find a way of understanding who we are and who we want to be. They did this by answering some insightful questions.

‘If I could choose anything I would choose to live my life to the fullest taking one step at a time. My ‘ideal’ self is educated, a proud indigenous woman having vision for my future.’ Carmille

‘If I could choose anything I would choose having the best education and to graduate. My ‘ideal’ self is to be a good person and finish school and be a happy and a good sister.’ Effie

‘If I could have anything I would choose the best for my family. My ‘ideal’self is to be a happy, caring and respectful person.’ Elisa

‘If I were to travel, I would love to travel around Australia. The best person I have been is when I finish all my school work, listen to my family and hanging out with my friends.’ Kayleen


‘If I could have anything I would choose being successful at school so I am educated. My ‘ideal’self would be accepting who I am and not changing for anyone.’ Daniellea

No comments:

Post a Comment